We couldn't let such beautiful weather pass us by and when our original plans to go river rafting fell through we ended up canoeing to one of the islands on Percy Priest lake. It was a blast!!!
Getting there: a bit tricky when you consider we had Jack and I, three kids, 2 dogs (one is bigger than any 2 of the kids combined), and all of our gear (I packed as light as possible, but my backpacking skills have considerably diminished with the birth of each child) all loaded in a smallish to medium sized canoe. Even with only the bare essentials we still had to tow a dingy. I'm sure we were quite a site paddling across the lake to the islands, and may have looked crazy but the end result was so worth it.
Getting there: a bit tricky when you consider we had Jack and I, three kids, 2 dogs (one is bigger than any 2 of the kids combined), and all of our gear (I packed as light as possible, but my backpacking skills have considerably diminished with the birth of each child) all loaded in a smallish to medium sized canoe. Even with only the bare essentials we still had to tow a dingy. I'm sure we were quite a site paddling across the lake to the islands, and may have looked crazy but the end result was so worth it.
It was a full moon and I tried to get a good picture of the moon and the reflection, but this doesn't even come close to how beautiful it was.
On Monday the Gates family came over with some friends (We LOVE the Farmers From Clarksville!!!) and their boat. They brought an AWESOME Picnic and we had a great time taking turns tubing and relaxing on the island...
Zac and Bradi preparing to go on a little adventure of their own...
Missy and Lainy on the tubes!!

No comments:
Post a Comment