
OK already. I guess I may be the last person out there to start a blog, (and learn how to text) but after randomly catching up with two friends I've lost touch with over the years (on the same night no less) and learning how hard it was to track me down I guess I better play some catch up...
We had a great Christmas. I am always amazed at how grateful my kids can be. It didn't mater if it was the Nintendo DS or the new socks, my kids, even Isaac, were so excited and thankful they reacted to each gift as if it was a check for a million dollars. But to give you a few highlights...
Timmy may get retinal scaring or at very least a tan (we can only hope) from the glow of his new Nintendo DS. Seriously though it may have left his hands for a few minutes in the last 24 hrs. I figured we would give him a few days before we start to limit his "screen time" again. He also got some cool Legos and magnetic roller coaster thing his little brother can't keep his hands off of.
Melissa was the BIG winner this Christmas even though it came a few days early. Last Friday I got her a kitten (yes, a real live cat). I had planned to take it to a friends house (thanks Keena!)to "hide" it until Christmas, but it was soooo cute and quiet I thought we could keep it in my bathroom with the door locked. It actually was really quiet and during the day we were pretty busy and out of the house most of the time so it wasn't a problem, at night after the kids went to bed we would let it out to run around for a while It looked like keeping it a secret would be a snap. Well Sunday afternoon Jack and I fell asleep on the couch downstairs, I woke up to Missy saying "Mom, did you forget to tell me something?" "what do you mean" I replied. She then said " There is a kitten in your bathroom!" apparently she needed some toilet paper and finding my bathroom door locked she just picked it with her fingernail!!!! It was that easy the cat was out of the bag (or bathroom) so to speak.
Isaac (Zac) who is two, got some fun puzzles and trucks and a hooded towel that looks like a dinosaur, hopefully getting out of the bath before it is ice cold will be a pleasure if he gets wear a towel that requires roaring. We discovered though that for him pretty much anything wrapped in paper is great--looking back we could have just wrapped up random things around the house and he would have been thrilled. He does wait for his brother or sister to put down their DS games so he can snatch it and push a bunch of buttons trying to figure out what all of the fuss is about...
Anyway we will see how this goes, I have failed miserably at journaling too many times to count and I have about 9 years of digital photos I have never printed out to scrapbook, so I wont make any promises..... BUT I have offically blogged and am no longer the last person on earth to do so --now I will go text someone something even if it takes me twenty minutes to say "PCM i H8 2 TXT"
We had a great Christmas. I am always amazed at how grateful my kids can be. It didn't mater if it was the Nintendo DS or the new socks, my kids, even Isaac, were so excited and thankful they reacted to each gift as if it was a check for a million dollars. But to give you a few highlights...
Timmy may get retinal scaring or at very least a tan (we can only hope) from the glow of his new Nintendo DS. Seriously though it may have left his hands for a few minutes in the last 24 hrs. I figured we would give him a few days before we start to limit his "screen time" again. He also got some cool Legos and magnetic roller coaster thing his little brother can't keep his hands off of.
Melissa was the BIG winner this Christmas even though it came a few days early. Last Friday I got her a kitten (yes, a real live cat). I had planned to take it to a friends house (thanks Keena!)to "hide" it until Christmas, but it was soooo cute and quiet I thought we could keep it in my bathroom with the door locked. It actually was really quiet and during the day we were pretty busy and out of the house most of the time so it wasn't a problem, at night after the kids went to bed we would let it out to run around for a while It looked like keeping it a secret would be a snap. Well Sunday afternoon Jack and I fell asleep on the couch downstairs, I woke up to Missy saying "Mom, did you forget to tell me something?" "what do you mean" I replied. She then said " There is a kitten in your bathroom!" apparently she needed some toilet paper and finding my bathroom door locked she just picked it with her fingernail!!!! It was that easy the cat was out of the bag (or bathroom) so to speak.
Isaac (Zac) who is two, got some fun puzzles and trucks and a hooded towel that looks like a dinosaur, hopefully getting out of the bath before it is ice cold will be a pleasure if he gets wear a towel that requires roaring. We discovered though that for him pretty much anything wrapped in paper is great--looking back we could have just wrapped up random things around the house and he would have been thrilled. He does wait for his brother or sister to put down their DS games so he can snatch it and push a bunch of buttons trying to figure out what all of the fuss is about...
Anyway we will see how this goes, I have failed miserably at journaling too many times to count and I have about 9 years of digital photos I have never printed out to scrapbook, so I wont make any promises..... BUT I have offically blogged and am no longer the last person on earth to do so --now I will go text someone something even if it takes me twenty minutes to say "PCM i H8 2 TXT"

Hey. Welcome to the blogging world! It is fun to keep in touch with friends and this is an easy way to do it. You're kids are growing up so fast! Looking forward to your next blog!
ReplyDeleteHey Susie, This is great. The kids have sure grown. I told Jeannie the other day that I was looking for pictures from you. Sounds like you all had a good Christmas. That's great. Well I will write more later. It is late and I got to get to bed.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Love and hugs to everyone.
Auntie Lois
Susie this is great, we might actually keep up with each other a little better. Being family doesn't mean you really stay in touch. Rachelle & her boys were here for Christmas. I sure do miss having all the grandkids together. It was wonderful to get the picture of the kids. I immediately added it to the family picture frame. Amanda is going to have another baby in April. Maybe I'll try to set one of these up. Love ya, Rick & Tweet
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! Blogging is fun. I figure at some point I will have my blogs printed into a book, and call it family history. I'm glad you all a had a fun Christmas.
ReplyDeleteA BLOG?!?! What, are you going to be on facebook next?!?! :P
ReplyDeleteor maybe you'll become a blog addict like the rest of us!