You Had To Be There-- The Crazy Things My Kids Say
After being asked if he was ready to start potty training Isaac (2 1/2 yrs) said "Yes, Yes, I want to go on the potty train."
"Mommy, why can't I have one of the pink things in your purse? What is it? Why cant I have one? I really wan one--PLEASE, Mommy, Please!! What does T-A-M-P-A-X spell. Are they good? Why can you have one and not me?" --Melissa (5 yrs) in a crowded public restroom of a restaurant we will never visit again...
While on vacation at my sister Jeannie's house (my identical twin) Isaac fell asleep in her arms and she put him down in my bed, the next morning when he woke up next to me, he looked at me rather worried and asked "are you my mommy?"
I really love to watch movies, it is not just an escape for me, I like to think about the plot, the actors and their characters. I analyze what the writer was trying to say and what I gleaned from the film that may or may not have been intended. I am a classic over-thinker, and with that said remember these are just my crazy thoughts and opinions take them or leave them...One of the movies that I have really spent too much time thinking about is A Beautiful Mind-- For those of you who are unfamiliar with this film it is based on real life events of John Nash Jr. staring Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly and Ed Harris. The film depicts the life of a man who is a mathematical genius and even though he makes some amazing accomplishments, struggles with severe mental illness.I guess this movie touched me because of the great stigma behind most mental illnesses. I was amazed at the strength this man showed who at times lived in a very distorted reality and struggled just to function. His mind which is his greatest asset and capable of so much is ultimately what was betraying him. It is his strong spirit and willpower that enables him to overcome his illness. I couldn’t help but make the parallel with the Mormon teaching that the Lord will not give us a trial we cannot handle. This man could not trust his own thoughts but through sheer determination he choose to overcome. What an amazing thing the power of choice is, we can choose how we act and react to everything in our lives. This man had to choose his reality and live every day of his life discerning what was real, and what was his illness distorting his perception. I am so amazed at what each of us are capable of, Heavenly Father set us up for success, he gave us the tools to handle what ever this earthly existence may have in store. One of Johns most precious gifts was his wife. His illness was not apparent when they made the commitment to be married, and when it did rear its ugly head she stuck by him. She made the choice to stay… one not so many make these days. I love a happy ending, especially in a true story.
Cute!!!!
ReplyDelete